According to PwC’s Sports Outlook report, the North American sports market media rights, ticket, sponsorship, and merchandising revenues accounted for a total of $71 billion dollars in 2018. As viewer consumption models and fan behavior shifts with digital innovation, sports organizations will evolve to offer exciting new experiences for their fans. The Sport Management Certificate Program at UC Irvine will prepare students for opportunities in the business of sports and athletics. If you’re passionate about sports and want to create a viable career for yourself in the industry then this 4-course online program is for you.
Who Should Enroll
This program offers entry to mid-career professionals working or who aspire to work in the sports industry with a thorough, yet concise collaborative online learning experience. Our students prepare for more responsibility in marketing, finance, facilities management, or any other specialization related to the business of sports.
- Understand the commercial dimensions and relationship between media, sports organizations, and sponsors
- Develop, implement, and control a sport marketing strategy plan
- Create an event mission statement and goals outline
- Perform facility research and environmental impact analysis reports
- Understand sport consumer behavior pertaining to sales, socialization, and engagement
- Gerald D. Parham, Director of Program Development, Intercollegiate Athletics, University of California, Irvine
- Phil Wang, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Business Affairs, University of California, Irvine
Certificate in Sport Management